Saturday, June 13, 2009

An Open Letter to Pixar


Dear Pixar,

I'm willing to bet that everyone on your staff ate a lot of great kid's cereal growing up. Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops and maybe Frosted Flakes. I say this because cereal plays a large part during a person's childhood--larger than people generally acknowledge. You always hear stories of adults wishing they still got toys in their cereal, but do you ever hear stories of people feeling nostalgic about eating mashed potatoes while watching Saturday morning cartoons? No.

The reason I bring this up is because only people who had sugar-filled Saturday mornings as a kid could still have enough imagination and childlike wonder to develop the movies that come out of Pixar. And for that, I thank you. Seriously--a man ties thousands of balloons to his house so he can go to South America! Even the balloons look like sugary, colorful cereal! Okay, it's a stretch, but you get my point.

I wasn't so sure about you all at first. I'm a fan of the classic Disney movies with their hand-drawn animation. But each time you come out with a new movie, I'm in awe at the simple, yet brilliant, plot lines.

So here's my only suggestion: You know when someone becomes an expert at something and they hold seminars so they can teach others? Pixar should start doing that and inviting me. Just a thought. I'd sit in a hotel ballroom all day, without windows and only the occasional bathroom break just to learn how your brains work. You should also serve really sugary cereals at these things.

Yours sincerely,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment